Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crafter- Day Fishes!

My branch has had to withdraw a lot of unsuable CDs and DVDS lately and asked if there was anything I could possibly use them for. I believe my exact response was, "Ummmm, YES!"



I spray painted the side that shows what it was with white spray paint and used steel wool on the data side for two reasons. A) If the cds were in any way still usuable and someone happened to take it home, I did not want them to see something they weren't supposed to and B) to make the jewels and beads adhere better.


I put out seed beads, confetti, dot stickers, and googly eyes. Also, we had tons of scrap paper to choose from. I showed off some fishes for examples but I saw some pretty amazing fish come out of there! I'm so proud of how this program has blossomed and can't wait until the next one!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I'm going to use it for our Earth Day craft next week. Just wanted you to know that I pinned it on Pinterest and it is being repinned like crazy!

    ReplyDelete